Chatpati Mela is an annual street festival celebrating the rich culture and achievements of the South Asian community.
We expect more than 2,000 people in attendance enjoying a wide array of cultural performances, authentic South Asian food, and vendor booths highlighting the communities’ vibrant strengths.
This year, the street fair will feature:
- Cultural performances by Phiroj Syangden and friends, NYC Bhangra, Sharmin Rimu, Virsa Our Tradition, Habibi Express, and Cholsum Doegar
- Bhangra lesson by Ajna Dance Company
- Paani Puri eating contest
- South Asian snacks
- Henna tattoos
- Children's art activities
- Community Leadership Awards
...and much more!
Follow our Facebook page for updates.
For general information, tabling and performance opportunities, contact Nahida at 718-478-3848 x10 or email@example.com.
Interested in volunteering? Fill out our questionnaire.
The festival will take place at Play Street/Pedestrian Plaza on 78th Street between Northern Boulevard and 34th Ave in Jackson Heights, Queens.
By Public Transit:
E, F, M, R trains to Jackson Hts/Roosevelt Av
7 train to 74th Street or 82nd Street
LIRR to Woodside