A time to celebrate loves won and lost.
Broken Heart Week is a time to celebrate loves won and lost. Sure, February 14 is Valentine’s Day, but at Queens Library, every facet of love and heartbreak will be explored in this week-long program. Come along for events hosted by acclaimed performers and arts organizations including hip-hop legend Roxanne Shanté, Broadway star Lauren Elder, or literary sensation, The Moth. Plus, several community libraries will be hosting curated book displays, film screenings, fitness classes, craft programs, poetry workshops and much more.
· Sunday, February 12, The Moth, 2pm, Flushing Community Library
· Monday, February 13, Roxanna Shante, 6pm, Central Library
· Wednesday, February 15, Frida Kahlo, 3pm, Jackson heights Community Library
· Friday, February 17, Romeo and Juliet, 3pm, Richmond Hill Community Library
· Saturday, February 18, Lauren Elder, 2:30pm, Central Library
· Saturday, February 18, Sonia Olla, 3pm, Langston Hughes Community Library
· Saturday, February 18, Humor and Heartbreak, 3pm, Steinway
For more information click HERE
2017 QAF Awardee